The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (उत्तर प्रदेश लोक सेवा आयोग) is a recruitment state agency which is authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination. uppsc.up.nic.in is a official website to get UPPSC Notification. The UPPCS exam is conducted to recruiting candidates to various services in the state. Uppsc exam pass candidates obtain their posting in various important departments such as land records, land revenue, general administration.
Today’s Top Latest UPPSC News & Updates
What is UPPSC?
Candidates who are preparing for the UPPSC PCS 2021 exam can now start applying for it. To help the candidates who are preparing for the exam and to encourage them to get better marks, we are providing syllabus of Prelims and Mains Exam along with the exam pattern. The syllabus for the UPPSC PCS 2021 Mains exam will be based on the new pattern. In this article, we will explain the syllabus and exam pattern of UPPSC PCS 2020 exam for prelims and mains.
UPPSC Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a Citizen of India.
- Age limit UPPSC Age limit Aspirant should be of minimum age of 21 years but should not be older than 40 years on July 1.
- The candidate should completed a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
|Organization Name||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS)|
|UPPSC PCS Selection Process||
UPPSC PCS Prelims Exam Pattern
This is a preliminary examination, there are 2 papers under this examination, which are of 200 + 200 marks, that is, a total of 400 marks are asked. In both these papers, questions are asked of multiple choice and objective type. Paper 2 is only qualifying paper, in which it is mandatory for you to get at least 33% marks.
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus
Question Paper-1: General Studies Examination Syllabus (GS Syllabus) – This is a total of 200 points, 150 questions are asked in it, and its time limit is 2 hours.
Questions related to these topics are asked in Paper 1.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- India and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Question Paper-2: General Studies-2 – Paper 2- This is a total of 200 marks, 100 questions are asked from you, and there is a time limit of 2 hours.
- बोधगम्यता (Comprehension Skills)
- पारस्परिक कौशल व संचार कौशल (Interpersonal skills including communication skills)
- तार्किक शक्ति और विश्लेषणात्मक क्षमता (Logical reasoning and analytical ability)
- निर्णय लेने और समस्या को सुलझाने की क्षमता (Decision making and problem solving)
- सामान्य मानसिक योग्यता (General Mental Ability)
- प्रारंभिक गणित के अंकगणित , बीजगणित, ज्यामिति और सांख्यिकी (कक्षा 10 लेवल)
- सामान्य अंग्रेजी (कक्षा 10 लेवल)
- सामान्य हिंदी (कक्षा 10 लेवल)
- There will be negative marking of 0.33% for each wrong answer
- For example, if the maximum marks allotted for a question is 2, then 0.66 marks will be deducted if wrong answer is given
- There is no negative marking to leave the question blank.
- Paper 2 (CSAT) is a qualifying paper in the UPPCS / PCS Pre Paper, in which the candidates have to get a minimum of 33% marks.
मुख्य परीक्षा (UPPSC Main Exam)
The marks obtained in the UPPSC PCS Main Examination play a decisive role in the final selection. With the change in the UPPCS exam pattern, a new syllabus of the UPPSC Mains exam has come into force.
There are two major changes in the main exam pattern. Firstly, the UPPSC has increased the number of earlier written papers. Second, UPPSC has added ‘Ethics’ paper
The UPPSC Mains Examination will have a total of 1500 marks. With the help of the table given below, you can understand the UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Pattern even better.
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper Name||Points||Time period|
|General & nbsp; Hindi & nbsp;||150||3 hours|
|General & nbsp; Studies-I||200||3 hours|
|General & nbsp; Studies-II||200||3 hours|
|General & nbsp; Studies – III||200||3 hours|
|General & nbsp; Studies – IV||200||3 hours|
|Optional subject – Paper I||200||3 hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper II||200||3 hours|
Essay paper syllabus
Candidates have to write three essays in three hours (about 700 words). The UPPSC essay question paper will have three sections and candidates have to choose one subject from each section. The section-wise syllabus is as follows
Section A: (1) Literature and Culture (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Earthquake, Deluge etc. (3) National Development programmes and projects.
वैकल्पिक पेपर (UPPSC Alternative paper)
According to the latest optional pattern of UPPSC Mains 2018, 34 optional subjects of PCS Exam are given below:
|Agriculture & Veterinary Science||Arabic Lit.||Zoology||Chemistry||Hindi Lit.||Statistics|
|Defence Studies||Persian Lit.||Economics||Management||Sanskrit Lit.||Mathematics|
|Political Science & International Relations||Geology||Commerce & Accountancy||Geography||Psychology||Physics|
|Social Work||Civil Engineering||Public Administration||History||Medical Science||Anthropology|
|Agricultural Engineering||Philosophy||Sociology||Mechanical Engineering||Botany||Electrical Engineering|
|Law||English Lit.||Animal Husbandry||Urdu Lit|
UPPCS Contact Information
|Exam Helpdesk No. 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM||0532 – 2407547+91 – 8765973668+91 – 8765973766 (Lucknow)|
|Address||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission,10, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Prayagraj (Allahabad) Uttar Pradesh – 211018|
Hope you have liked the information related to the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021 in Hindi & UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern given by us. For more information, please visit the official website. Also follow the primary ka teacher for similar updates.