National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts competitive examinations like NEET, JEE, CAT, UGC NET, G-PAT. NTA was established under the Indian Institution Registration Act-1860. It is an autonomous institution that conducts entrance examinations for admission and scholarship in higher educational institutions of the country. The objective of this agency is to be efficient, transparent and test based on international standards to assess the qualifications of candidates for admission and recruitment.
Today’s Top National Testing Agency News Headlines
Functions of National Testing Agency
- Create question papers of all subjects with the help of state-of-the-art technology.
- Creating a strong research and development culture as well as a panel of subject matter experts for testing.
- Providing training and advisory services in Indian educational institutions from time to time.
- Working closely with international organizations such as Educational Testing Services.
- To conduct any examination in case of various ministries and central government departments and state governments are entrusted with the responsibility of conducting the examination.
- Ensuring improvement in training along with training in schools, boards and other bodies and periodically checking the testing standards of entrance examinations.
- The President of NTA is an eminent educationist and is appointed by the Union Ministry of Education.
- Its Chief Executive Officer is a Director-General appointed by the Central Government.
- The establishment of a specialized testing agency like NTA has reduced the burden of conducting examinations from institutions such as the Central Board of Secondary Education All India Council for Technical Education.
- NTA conducts examinations at least twice every year through online medium which increases the chances of admission for candidates preparing for competitive exams.
- This agency is setting up its centers at the district level and sub-district level to increase the reach in rural areas and for the convenience of the candidates.
- The National Testing Agency has set up practice testing centers along with the introduction of a mobile app, with the help of which candidates can also conduct mock tests on their smartphones and do their pre-test evaluation.